Friday 19 September 2014

Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation*


If you read my Sparkling Soiree post you would have seen I got the Bobbi Brown Skin Weightless Powder Foundation* in my goodie bag and I have been using it since then. 
Bobbi Brown - "This creamy, cashmere-like powder delivers a buffed, polished finish and lasting wear in a convenient compact. Available in 20 true-to-skin shades. Anyone with normal to oily skin types who want a powder foundation with adjustable, natural-looking coverage. Inspired by the look and feel of gorgeous skin, this oil-free powder has a soft, creamy texture that feels smooth and comfortable. It blends evenly and seamlessly onto skin and conceals imperfections, fine lines and pores for a finish that stays fresh and keeps skin shin-free through heat and humidity. For medium to full coverage: Apply with a puff or dry sponge (included in compact). For sheer coverage: Dust on with a powder brush."  






This powder foundation comes in a whopping 20 shades so you should be able to find a good match for your skin tone. It retails for $68 and you get 11gms of product. I like using a powder foundation on lazy days when I don't want to spend a lot of time on my makeup but still want some coverage on my acne spots and a matte face. I have the colour Honey which is a touch darker on me but this shade will be perfect for me in the summer. SW is a finely milled soft pressed powder that goes on very smoothly on the skin. I like using a kabuki brush to press the powder into my skin. I find that it lasts about 5 hours after which I have to reapply on my T-Zone. It doesn't make me look super shiny but I still find a little glow coming through. I like how it covers most of my acne scarring and looks quite natural on me. 


Minimal makeup with just lipstick, mascara and the SW Powder.


Sometimes if I need really full coverage, I would use this powder over my foundation and I find it makes my foundation last a lot longer. This powder foundation is very similar to MAC's Studio Fix powder foundation but a tiny bit more finely milled. I do find the cost, shade range and amount of product of MAC is much better. When I use my studio fix I find my face looks like I have powder on (also oxidizes on my skin), but with Skin Weightless it feels very natural. I do prefer Skin Weightless but it is quite expensive so I am not sure if I will repurchase it once I run out.

I would highly recommend you to try it out when your at a Bobbi Brown counter next time.

Have you tried any products from Bobbi Brown?

*This item was kindly provided to me. As with all my posts, it is 100% honest and of my own personal opinion. For more information, visit my Disclosure Policy.


5 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous on you and sounds lovely but $68 is a bit steep for a powder! Especially considering the amount you get. Nevertheless it's still beautiful! xx

    The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite overpriced and I am sure there are cheaper alternatives but the quality of the powder is really good.

      Delete
  2. It's really nice isn't it! The coverage just wasn't there for me but I might try using it over another foundation like you mentioned... but I thought it's just a bit too expensive to just be a 'good skin day' foundation.

    Angie || the maquillage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC studio fix is cheaper and very similar. Not that I would repurchase this but I like the coverage it gives over foundation.

      Delete
  3. So glad you liked it! I still haven't had a chance to even try mine.. oops! xx

    ReplyDelete