Tuesday 25 November 2014

Luk beautiful Orange and Juniper*

Hey guys,

Recently I was contacted by Luk Beautiful if I wanted to try their lipstick line called Lip Nourish. I immediately jumped to the opportunity because I love lip products and I had heard nothing but good things about them. Today I am going to review the Orange and Juniper Lip Nourish.

“Cindy Luken is an accomplished entrepreneur, food scientist, beautifood chef, former biscuit baker (remember Luken & May?) and mother of 2 little ones. She believes that beautiful clean food is the secret to happiness and attributes her accomplishments in business to eating well and ensuring she balances ‘work life’. She continues to follow her mantra “live the life you love” by creating the boutique beauty business luk beautifood: an inspiring online destination selling 100% natural sheer colour lipsticks made from skin food. Her Beauty Kitchen provides a motivating recipe to nourish your beauty by making the connection between FOOD, BEAUTY & LIFE to inspire and help women feel.look.be delicious… inside and out.”

"I have been a lifelong advocate of healthy eating and living. Food has been my world from cooking as a child & studying food science and nutrition at uni to cooking for one of Australia’s pioneering caterers and building a biscuit empire.Through a friend I was introduced to the beauty industry and became concerned about what put on our skin – chemicals, and the lack of health involved in the nourishment of our skin. So many women got the connection between eating for health and beauty but they were yet to make the connection with ‘feeding’ your skin from the outside in. Armed with my qualifications and experience with new product development (in the lab at Sara Lee + creation of 80+ biscuit lines for Luken & May, my first $5m+ T/O biz) I set up a test kitchen at home and started experimenting with lip stick formulations. It was a ‘no-brainer’ that lippies could be made from food. I scoped out the product, found packaging, an eco designer and world class manufacturer in Melbourne…a path that took 4+ years from concept to launch."





Made with a 100% natural ingredients I received the shade Dusky Pink which is made out of Orange and Juniper oils. These Lip Nourishes are a cross between lipbalms and lipsticks made to fight dry lips while providing colour and shine. They are cruelty free, gluten free and 100% natural. Rich in antioxidants and omega3 + 6 essential fatty acids, these lip nourishes keep lips smooth, with an edible recipe.






Housed in a matte white, thin tube this lipstick first of all smells delicious. Although I did expect a lot more pigmentation looking at the lipstick bullet, I don't mind it much. I use this as a tinted lipbalm to revive my lips throughout the day or when I don't want to wear any makeup but still have something on my lips so they don't dry out. Sometimes I use this over an existing lipstick to give it some shine and plumpness. While using this I don't have to worry about licking it off because it is not going to do any harm to my body. 

It retails for $24.95 each and comes in a variety of colours and flavours. You can also buy a tasting plate with little samples of all the colours. Luk Beautiful also make other makeup items such as foundations, mascara, powder etc but I haven't tried those out yet.

For Christmas there is a pack of all 7 Lip Nourishes on sale for $99 (originally $199) so if you are looking for a gift this is a great idea. You can purchase these from here and they also do free shipping in Australia and Free International shipping over $49.95.

I honestly use a wide variety of makeup products and try to use as much naturally derived products as posible but if you are some one who is allergic to chemicals or is gluten free for example I would highly recommend you to try out this brand. 

Have you tried these Lip Nourishes before? What do you think about them?

❤❤❤

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful post - thank you lovely!

    In case anybody whats to go more green with green beauty... Here's our little guide of things you may find in other lippies. It list ingredients you should love and thing you should avoid: https://lukbeautifood.com/beauty/lipstick-ingredients-what-to-avoid-and-why/

    x

    ReplyDelete